Dear friends, fans and followers of World Gothic Models!
This year’s edition of contest MODEL OF THE YEAR was a huge fun for us all! We met adorable ladies, chosen during 2021 by the fans on our Instagram Profile.
Despite the entertainment and interesting development of the rankings during the various stages of the competition, one of the participants was disqualified in the first stage of the event due to disrespect for the WGM organization. We were publicly accused without prior contact and conversation of stealing her photo and including it in a “fake contest”. She herself wanted us to post her photo on our profile and shared the joy of her nomination last summer in her Instagram story, when our audience nominated her as the Model of the Week with the most likes on her photo (we have this evidence). This has made us very sad and we are unpleasantly surprised by the dishonest accusation and disrespectful attitude.
Nobody gets into our competitions by chance and everyone knows about their participation. When we repost and publish materials in our profiles, we use only suggested posts and always mention everyone involved. Everyone knows what’s next, and we never do anything without warning. We always have been and will insist to share full credits of people who participate in every photo project. We have always complied with copyright and we want this to be the case in the future – both by us and by everyone.
The competition and the ‘Model of the Year’ series end from now on. We want to thank everyone who has supported us over the years, and especially the wonderful audience who appreciated our work and our desire to create another way to have fun together and help artists gain more popularity and visibility.
If one door closes, another opens. it’s time to clear some space for the new projects which are already in progress and that are even more exciting and interesting. The changes we will make are more than desirable. So stay with us and let’s build a drama-free environment together, where we can all have fun from the heart!
In our 3rd stage of this year’s contest we had a partial non-compliance with the rules, which led to non-counting of some votes, we got our Top 3 models from which we had the honor to choose the No.1 Winner!
The second round led us to the final Top 3 ranking before announcing the winner!
The winner of WORLD GOTHIC MODEL OF THE YEAR 2021 is Cherrylips Model from Spain!
The criterias of choosing our Model of the Year are:
- Constant presence on IG with new content
- Regular tagging of WGM Ig name on her pictures;
- Interaction with us and supporting our work via Story Mentioning, comments and others;
- Nice attitude and good vibes;
- Deep understanding of Gothic Style and Fashion and their representation
- Didn’t win any other contests by WGM before.
- Having biggest support comparing with others.
Cherrylips Model will receive:
– An original painting of the winner made by our talented illustrator @erwhittingham from the UK
– She will have her own merch on our Merch Store under her name, we will create designs for her, representing her goth styling by sharing them with the world;
– She will have the chance to participate in WGM further projects as our Official model for promotions, commercials and the like.
Congratulations to the winner and many thanks to everyone who participated! Thank you for being part of this journey for 3rd and last year now.
Stay tuned for more about CherryLips Model, her prizes and news around us in general!
Winner CherryLips Model – Instagram